Tiffany is known for its dazzling diamonds and beautiful silvers; yet, I would argue Tiffany’s best product is its silver polish cream – aka the magic that brings your tarnished silver back to life.
A Little Background and Other Methods I’ve Tried
I had two pieces of silver jewelry from Tiffany, a trefoil key necklace and a heart tag bracelet. I went swimming with the two pieces a few times during a cruise and the next thing I knew, the silver looked like it was over 100 years old. I tried online methods of cleaning it with baking soda + aluminum foil, toothpaste, and laundry detergent. They all help a little bit but the silver was still so dull that I didn’t want to wear it. (Note: during my cleaning process, the blue enamel on the bracelet fell off.)
Fast forward a year, I decided to send in the bracelet to Tiffany to get it polished and have the blue enamel reattached – I received a quote that it would cost $80. I said no thank you and received my bracelet back. For a while I hated Tiffany and swore to myself I would never purchase anything from there again. Eventually I decided to try again and google for silver cleaning products – that’s when I found Tiffany’s silver polish cream.
Tiffany’s Silver Polishing Products
The website doesn’t have too much information on these products at all – which is a shame because if more people knew tarnished silver can easily be polished then they would buy more products. Maybe Tiffany’s strategy is to get you to visit its stores for polishing and then impulse buy more products?
Regardless, Tiffany offers polishing cloths, mitts, polish cream, liquid cleaner and the silver polish spray. I purchased the silver polish cream, which cost $10 for 4 ounces (125 mL). The rest of the post will be focused on this product. The polishing clothes would have been nice but I polished my silver with a regular hand towel and even paper towels and they work fine.
Tiffany Silver Polish Cream – Text on the Bottle
“This cream is ideal for use on lightly tarnished Tiffany & Co. products made of sterling silver or sterling silver and mixed metal to obtain a brilliant shine with long lasting protection”
- Shake bottle well before use
- Apply cream to Tiffany & Co. products made of sterling silver or sterling silver and mixed metal with a soft, clean cloth and polish thoroughly
- Rinse and dry with a soft, clean cloth
- Close bottle tightly after use and store in a cool place
- This cream is formulated for cleaning Tiffany & Co. products made of sterling silver or sterling silver and mixed metal
- It should not be used on any delicate stones such as emeralds, opals, corals, pearls, turquoise or on costume jewelry
- May cause an allergic reaction for people sensitive to Octadecylmercaptan
- Avoid contact with eyes. If contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water.
- If accidently consumed, drink water and seek medical advice if nauseous
- Keep out of reach of children
Before and After
A picture speaks a thousand words, I have found other tarnished silver and took before and after pictures below: