Valentine’s day is around two weeks away and I want to share some of my gift ideas under $50 for him and for her. I also included some gift ideas you can get for yourself – you don’t need to have a significant other to celebrate this day! You can love yourself and treat yourself to something nice!
- Fashion: A History from 18th to the 20th Century – A book is a great gift on Valentine’s Day. You can either get her one of your favorite books or pick up something that you know she’ll like!
- YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick ($37) – No girl will ever be upset to receive a lipstick. One of my favorite lipsticks is the YSL Rouge Volupte. It is in a beautiful canister and has an intoxicating fresh mangos smell and the formula is really comfy. More simply put, most girls will like this lipstick!
- Nest Grapefruit Candle ($16 – $40) – Ahhh to come home and burn a candle to relax and make your apartment smell good is one of the greatest self-indulgences! The gift may seem odd but once that candle is burning, you will both be happy you picked this gift!
- Monkey Rubber Hot or Cold Water Bottle ($20) – This is the perfect gift if your girlfriend is always cold. The water bottle stays warm for ~5 hours and so soft and cuddly! Plus it is great during that time of the month when she is having cramps =)
- Home Cooked Meal (Blue Apron) – Nothing is more romantic than a guy cooking a delicious and healthy dinner for his girl! If you are not confident with your cooking skills, you can order boxes from Blue Apron, Hello Fresh or any other food subscription boxes and follow the step-by-step instructions. (P.S. look for coupon codes online, you can generally get the first box for free!)
- Too Cool for School Mousse Pack & Mask ($20 & $6) – If your girl loves skincare then she will enjoy this mask! I always have fun using this mask and it leaves you skin smooth and radiant!
- Bigger Leaner Stronger – Again a great gift choice is a book. We are obsessed with electronics these days so when we do receive a book it’s a good and welcoming surprise!
- Happy Socks ($12) – One thing I’ve learned while working in a male dominated industry is that guys love their colorful socks. Seriously they do – fun socks are to guys what bags and shoes are to girls! I find it endearing and am fully supportive of getting colorful fun socks for guys for Valentine’s day!
- Art of Shaving Starter Kit ($30) – Girls have so many brushes so it’s only right that the guy has one too. I’ve heard a lot of great things about Art of Shaving and it is a gift that you know he will use!
- Nike Dri-Fit ($40) – If your guy likes to work out and he hasn’t try the Dri-Fit t-shirts then you should make the introduction! It doesn’t absorb as much moisture, cling to your body and restrict your movement.
- Homemade Cupcakes / Cookies – This is for girls who work full time and are always on the go and generally don’t have time to cook for the guys. Valentine’s day is a great time to surprise him by taking the time to make something delicious for him!
- Gamestop Gift Card – In general I am not a fan giving gift cards because you can always be more thoughtful and get someone a gift. However, I do think a Gamestop gift card is a good idea – it allows him to pick out the game he wants to play plus you get a few more bargaining chip next time you want him to stop playing on the PS4!
For Self (These gifts are $50 – $100)
- The Power of Habit – I’m starting off with a book again. You should read an autobiography of someone you admire or a new thriller or indulge in a romance novel. Read whatever that makes you happy!
- Sodastream ($80) – If you love sparkling water then you need a Sodastream in your life (or any carbonation machine). Sodastream was hands down one of my best purchase in 2016! No more running out of sparkling water and no more wasting plastic bottles!
- Tatcha Discovery Kit ($59) – So far I’ve tried the rice enzyme powder cleanser from Tatcha and I’m in love with the product. Tatcha is inspired by the beauty rituals of geishas so this discovery kit is on my must try list! If you are looking to buy yourself skincare related products, you can consider Tatcha.
- Triangl Milly Swimwear ($89) – If you are looking forward to summer or you are going anywhere tropic during spring then you should treat yourself to a bright Triangl swimwear. The swimsuits are very flattering and they come in a variety of fun, bright colors.
- Charlotte Tilbury Lipstck Duo ($60) – Lipsticks, lipsticks and more lipsticks! A girl can never have too many lipsticks, literally. My recent obsession is the Charlotte Tilbury matte revolution lipsticks. If you have never tried then I would highly recommend you treating yourself to one!
- Le Specs The Prince Sunglasses ($89) – Another pick to get you ready for the warmer weather. If you love aviator sunglasses then these flat-mirrored aviators from Le Specs will make you very happy this spring / summer!
Thanks for letting me share! Wishing everyone a happy Valentine’s Day in advance!