For full disclosure, PopSugar sent me its September Must Have Box to try. I liked the items in the box and have since signed up or a 3-month subscription to continue testing the service. I thought it might be helpful to share my thoughts on this subscription box in case you are interested. All opinions are my own and not influenced by PopSugar in any way.
Initial Thoughts on PopSugar Must Have Box
PopSugar’s Must Have box is pricier than other similar subscription services (i.e., Birchbox or Ipsy) so you should take time to consider whether the products you receive will be worth the price of the subscription. The boxes seem to always come with an apparel / accessory item, a skincare, a beauty, a snack and other random goodies. I used to subscribe to Birchbox but after receiving so many products that I don’t use I cancelled my subscription. I decided to sign up for a 3-month subscription to PopSugar after looking at its past boxes (see pics below) – I can pick out multiple items that I like and will use so I think the value each box deliver for me will surpass the $39.95 price.
- Jack + Lucy Bicoastal Wide Brim Hat – This black wool hat is a classic that I will definitely wear this fall / winter. The quality is pretty good, especially for a hat that came in a subscription box. I also like how the hat is adjustable by pulling and tying a string inside.
NCLA MANI-ER Tool Kit – I personally would never buy a travel mani kit because I can directly bring my slightly bigger nail file and clipper; however, because I do have this kit now, I will be using it for travel.
- Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask – This mask is made with avocado, almond and argon oil. This product has no sulfates, parabens, silicones, phthalates, artificial colors or DEA. The mask has a very light consistency that is easy to apply and after rinsing off, my hair does feel softer and smoother. Although there are other conditioners and hair masks that work much better.
- Flint Lint Roller – The packaging of this lint roller is pretty solid. I personally won’t carry it in my purse but I will be using it for travel. One of the biggest selling points is the retractable design so when you travel, you don’t need to put the lint roller inside a zip lock bag – such a simple and brilliant idea! This lint roller comes in various colors and a 30-sheet refill will cost $3.00.
- Smith & Cult Lip Lacquer in the Warning – This lipgloss looks bright red in the container but when you apply it on, it is less opaque. I am not a fan of the stickiness of this lipgloss =(
- The Gluten Free Bites (Dark Chocolate Coconut) – This is a very chewy snack that is dense and filling. The chocolate and coconut flavors are light and not overwhelming.
PopSugar Must have Box Subscription Prices
The regular subscription box for PopSugar is $39.95 for one month and the mini box is $18.95. PopSugar does offer 3-month and 6-month subscriptions with slightly discounted prices.
Should You Sign up for PopSugar Must have Box?
Look at prior full size (see below) or mini size boxes (see here) and determined whether you see yourself using any of the items in the box regularly. In my opinion, if you can find one item that you can use regularly and one item that you are interested in trying then you should consider the Must Have box. If none of the items interest you then definitely do not sign up!